We had Andrew's 18-month well visit today. Very uneventful - he's in good health (has only been sick once or twice.)
Developmentally he is ahead - I was told he's very advanced for his age, both physically and intellectually.
He can do everything ("mastered" "emerging" and "advanced") on this 13-18 month developmental chart
http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-13-to-18-months_1496589.bc
And he can do most items under both "mastered" and "emerging" for the 19-24 month olds.
http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-19-to-24-months_1496591.bc
Those charts should give you a pretty good idea about what we're doing with him these days.
Size-wise, he continues to grow, of course. For as concerned as I once was at his tinyness (5-10th percentile), he's caught up. He's 25.5 lbs and 32" which translates into 43% for weight and 48% for height.
Next well-visit is at 24 months.
I'd say the most common thing that strangers say to us when we're out and about is "what a happy baby." He's always smiling and chatting and sharing his toys/food with others. A really good natured little boy.
Today you find me a very proud mama!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi, I am from your soul cysters group. (piper.piper) Anyway, I have noticed that our sons seem to be very similar in their growth rate of abilities etc. I was just wondering. Are you thinking about potty training soon?? My son will put his hand down the back of his diaper or bring me a diaper and sit down when he wants changed. I wondered if your son has been doing anything similar. I am just wondering if they are too young to start since they are boys. What are your thoughts?
ReplyDeleteKaren, would love to talk to you about this. The short answer is yes - he's giving me some signs. Email me at sg_lawson at yahoo dot com.
ReplyDelete