Since we're here in the warm weather, I thought we might try to potty train Andrew, letting him run around naked. 26 months is pretty young, but so far so good. We have more success than accidents and its only day 2. He seems to really enjoy his sticker reward (no sweet treats involved, surprisingly) and loves making a big deal about it when he peepees in the potty. We read books mostly, but occasionally I'll let him play with the iPad. The next step (ideally) will be for him to tell us when he has to go, rather than be prompted by me. Keep you posted! I'd love to be done with diapers but understand that sometimes the initial attempts at training don't work. After all he has to be the one that is ready.
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Potty Training
Since we're here in the warm weather, I thought we might try to potty train Andrew, letting him run around naked. 26 months is pretty young, but so far so good. We have more success than accidents and its only day 2. He seems to really enjoy his sticker reward (no sweet treats involved, surprisingly) and loves making a big deal about it when he peepees in the potty. We read books mostly, but occasionally I'll let him play with the iPad. The next step (ideally) will be for him to tell us when he has to go, rather than be prompted by me. Keep you posted! I'd love to be done with diapers but understand that sometimes the initial attempts at training don't work. After all he has to be the one that is ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment