We eat alot of granola around here. ALOT. So it occurred to me one day that a)we could save loads of money if we made our own and b) Andrew would be so excited to help. And I was right! We found a fantastic recipe in the Cook's Illustrated magazine and make a batch once a week. Easy Peasy. No raw eggs, so Andrew can dip his grubby (I mean, freshly washed) hands in and do some mixing. He helps pour in ingredients and stir: oats, maple syrup, sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, nuts, coconut. Then we press it into a pan, bake it for a little while and voila, we've got ourselves a batch. The fun continues when we break it up into pieces (what kid doesn't like destruction,) toss in some dried fruit, and store in a big glass jar to admire. Maybe I can turn this into a small home-based business?
No comments:
Post a Comment