Thursday, June 7, 2012

2 1/2

Happy 2 1/2 birthday to Andrew!

THEN

NOW

When he was a baby, I was so excited for all the milestones that lay ahead, and here we are, enjoying them. He's more my companion now, than my babysitting assignment. Wherever we go, we have little conversations which are adorably silly and so entertaining. Random folks who overhear these chats are often seen giggling to themselves.  He's so big, relatively speaking. I don't know when that happened, but I noticed it the other day and was taken aback by how much of him there is. Its his little baby body, but a cartoony enlarged version.

He's in a super affectionate stage right now. Especially at bedtime, he can't get enough. "Kiss Attack! Again! Hug! Hug Again!"  I'm not complaining, I love every last bit of it and will soak it in for as long as he wants to be cuddly. We normally don't watch alot of TV but tomorrow afternoon while its raining I'm considering watching a full length Disney flick just to get to snuggle up with him under a blanket. Shawn rolls his eyes at all this of course :) And one day when I tell Andrew about this (or when he reads this blog) he'll roll his eyes too.

Andrew finally has shown some interest in Duplos, but not alot unless egged on by his parents. My prediction is that he will not be an architect. However, he seems to have a decent design sensibility. You can see his urban skyscrapers (top photo) and modernist parking garage for his trains (bottom photo.)



No comments:

Post a Comment