Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Highlights


Brunch with friends, great views for people- (and Andrew-)watching. We all colored pictures together awaiting our orders. Surprising success of the meal - a beer float. That wasn't a typo.

Walked around Saratoga Springs with this guy! Checked out some markets, toy stores, but mainly just admired the architecture and watched the kid hold doors open for strangers. Mr. Polite.

   Finished off the holiday weekend setting up the tree. The star on top is one Andrew made out of foam and stickers when he was 2 years old. Its attached by twist tied from a bread bag that he taped on. The ornaments are mostly made by Nana during Shawn's childhood, each with a handwritten year. She also quilted the tree skirt. Its a little tree for our little clan and really brightens up the house. We put up some lights in the windows and I have Xmas music on the radio. What can I say, I was raised Jewish, I get such a kick out of all this.

Hope your holiday was as tasty and relaxed as ours!
Shawn has the actual T-giving dinner photos, will post them next time. He and our friend cooked up a storm and we dined chez Lawson with some champagne and dessert brought in from NYC.


No comments:

Post a Comment