Saturday, May 24, 2014

Race Day Professional Pics


A few people have asked how the race went - I totally forgot to send out an update, so sorry. The race was May 10th and the rainy morning started out with the children's run  at 8am (photos above, Andrew is #52 in the group shot). He was a good sport about it. Despite the rain, and despite being youngest in his group, he stayed at the middle of the pack. The race officials were kind enough to give all the kids medals and he wore them for days afterwards. Now and again he will ask me if we can go on a practice run for his next race which warms my heart.

My race followed, and was happy that the rain stopped just as I began. The entire second mile was a steep uphill, which I somehow didn't recall from last years race, and it really kicked my butt. I didn't have high hopes for finishing quickly as a result. But somehow I knocked off a minute off my time! A new personal best which I'm really happy about.

It was great to have Shawn and Andrew cheer for me at the start and finish lines. Anyone want to run with me next year? No need to fundraise if that's not your thing - its open to the public. Let me know - a few of you have mentioned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment